Thursday, July 17, 2014

E-mail 7/14/2014

Hello my dear wonderful family!

How are you? 

So a lot has happened this week!

Tuesday we had chirashi kubari [flyer distribution] and miraculously got to see Ueno Junko shimai [Sister Ueno Junko] and the Akatsuka family one last time before I left! Such a tender mercy. 

Wednesday, we went to seminary and then I got my stuff all ready to leave for Sendai station with Hamano shimai [Sister Hamano]. One of our Eikaiwa [English class] students who is my same age called just before we were going to leave to say goodbye. Ahh! It was so hard on the phone and in Japanese!! She wished me good luck. Love her!! Then Hamano shimai and took the train to Sendai station and met up with all the missionaries at the stained glass. And guess who was there!! Elder Fox and Elder Canepari and Sister Smith from the MTC! So we of course had to take a picture together. It was so fun to see them! I met up with my new companion Yim shimai [Sister Yim] there and then we took the train to Nagamachi to the apartment--it is awesome!! The biggest apartment I have been in so far on my mission! And I get half a closet to myself! Wooo! Spoiled! And the apartment is a 2 minute bike ride from the church. And I get TWO futons! I feel so lucky!! Pretty excited about that. So anyway, we ate dinner and then went to the church for Eikaiwa and Elder Hill from the MTC was at Eikaiwa just for transfers! So it was fun to see him too! So, a super fun day! Oh, and I forgot to mention, but we had to walk all day because the bike I inherited had a flat tire--not to mention it would be way too small for me--so we talked to the bike people at Eikaiwa and the said they would bring we a new bike. Haha! That is the 3rd time on my mission! They are just sending me around to clean up all the bike problems! Good thing me and the bike people are friends. 

Thursday was my first full day in Nagamachi. We had a meeting part of the District--the Assistants were not there--I am in charge of figuring out the missionary act for the talent show. Our District is Elder Ito (District Leader, Japanese), Elder Low, the Assistants Elder Nepia (from New Ze[a]land) and Elder Kawamura (Japanese), Sister Tsuchida (Japanese), Sister Hall (from Utah, and new from the MTC! Greenie!), and Sister Yim, and I. Hall shimai [Sister Hall] is amazing! She took two years of Japanese (1 in high school, 1 in college) and understands basically everything people say. Crazy! So my Japanese confidence is humbled significantly.  We also had a lesson with a less active and a mogi (practice lesson) with a member. AND the bike people dropped off my new bike for me. Apparently they ran out of sisters bikes because the bike they dropped off for me is an Elders bike. And it is the coolest thing ever! Mountain biking it up! Haha! I have to wear tights everyday because the middle bar is not the most lady-like. But it is awesome! So... we will see how long I will be mountain biking here in Nagamachi.

Yim shimai is so funny! She is the oldest of 5 kids. She is 24 years old. She started pharmacy school before coming on a mission so she is super smart and good at memorizing stuff. She LOVES animals--especially horses! She is from Indiana. If you combined Candice and Maria you would get Yim shimai. Sometimes she says things and I think that is exactly would Candice/Maria would say! She is fantastic and so funny! We laugh every day. It is so fun. I love her. 

Friday we visited our Deaf investigator--guess who is going to learn Japanese sign language! Me!

Saturday we had a sports activity at a gym and played volleyball and ultimate frizbee [frisbee]! So fun!

Sunday was great! 

Today I got a haircut and we had a great lesson with an investigator and less active!

I gotta run but thank you for all your updates! I love hearing from you!! You are so wonderful wonderful! Candice congratulations!! Sounds like you had a great birthday. I am so glad! I felt like I got to spend it with you too since Sister Yim reminds me so much of you!

I love love love you!

Tell you more next week!

Hugs and kisses!

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Your missionary,

Bellows shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment